I’ve been brainstorming ways to make my recipes more accessible to my readers. Especially those of you who MIGHT not necessarily feel like whipping up the DIY flour blend
I often use (not to mention ordering the ingredients online in the first place, since many of them aren’t available in most grocery stores). So, when Benefiber® Healthy Shape Dietary Fiber supplement
approached me about creating a recipe incorporating their product, it seemed like an ideal solution!
Benefiber® Healthy Shape is a fiber supplement product that fits well into Trim Healthy Mama-type recipes. It’s gluten-free, flavorless, colorless, and dissolves instantly in water. It’s perfect for adding to low- or reduced-carb baking recipes (which often tend to be calorie-dense due to the generous use of nut flours, coconut flours, and fats) without sacrificing flavor or texture.
Oat flour, coconut flour, and Benefiber® Healthy Shape
create the “flour” component of this recipe. All of these ingredients are affordable and available at most grocery stores. Mission accomplished!
I added coconut flakes, macadamia nuts, and dark chocolate chunks for a crunchy-chewy tropical flavor combination.
In lieu of my usual “What’s Making Me Happy This Week” section, I’m sharing 5 healthy living tips in this post to complement Benefiber® Healthy Shape’s emphasis on cultivating a healthy lifestyle.
Five Ways to Make Healthy Choices at Summer Events
- Bring a salad and/or healthy dessert. At social events, the side dishes and desserts are often the unhealthiest part of the meal. Bring a fresh vegetable salad or a healthy dessert to share to round out your meal without feeling left out.
- Try a new recipe. Get-togethers offer the perfect opportunity to try a new recipe you might not otherwise make. Experiment with unique ingredients, seasonal produce, and other inspirations to create something that you and your friends can enjoy and discuss.
- Be kind to yourself and don’t expect perfection. Don’t miss the purpose of social events – quality time with family and friends. Let go of rules and expectations and focus on mindfulness and enjoyment. Don’t miss the opportunities summer presents to simply enjoy the company of yourself and your loved ones.
- Bring your reusable water bottle and stay hydrated. When it’s hot out it’s especially important to pay attention to your water intake. Drinking enough water can help suppress hunger. (source) You could even add some Benefiber® Healthy Shape to your bottle to increase satiety!
- Incorporate physical activity into your social events. Whether it’s playing kickball with your kids, trying stand-up paddleboarding with your friends, or going for a walk along a lake or beach, summer events are most fun when they include physical activity. I find I bond with others more easily when we have something engaging to do together.
High Fiber Tropical Coconut Macadamia Nut Cookies Notes:
- This recipe is sugar-free, gluten-free (if you use gluten-free oats), reduced-carb, dairy-free, and THM-CO.
- You can use store-bought oat flour or simply grind rolled oats into a flour using a high-powered blender or food processor.
- Add some coconut extract if you want to amp up the coconut flavor!
- If you replaced the chocolate with dried papaya or pineapple chunks these would make great breakfast cookies for busy mornings (or you can just eat chocolate in the morning – I won’t tell).
- Use your favorite low-carb sweetener – Truvia, Swerve, erythritol (like I used), Gentle Sweet, or DIY Gentle Sweet would all work well.
High Fiber Tropical Coconut Macadamia Nut Cookies
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 4 rounded tablespoons of Benefiber® Healthy Shape Dietary Fiber Supplement
- 1 cup oat flour
- Pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup low-carb sweetener of choice (I used erythritol)
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Spray a baking sheet with coconut oil baking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. Stir in eggs, coconut oil, and vanilla until thoroughly combined.
- Scoop dough by the heaping tablespoonful onto prepared pan. Bake for 12 minutes, rotating pan if necessary, until cookies are lightly browned and just set in the set center. Cool on a wire rack. Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days.
Buy Ingredients Found in This Recipe Online:
Pin This Recipe:
Looking for more sugar-free/gluten-free/Trim Healthy Mama cookie recipes? Check these out:
Have you tried any new recipes for summer events this year? Let me know if you’ve found a winner! Your comment will enter you to win a $100 Visa gift card!
Clinical studies show benefits with regular use. A weight management program should include a healthy diet and regular exercise. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Benefiber® Healthy Shape Trademark is owned by GSK Group of companies.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I might receive minimal compensation if you make a purchase using the product links mentioned above.
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the [email protected] email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 8/8/2016– 9/8/2016
Be sure to visit the Benefiber® brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!
Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by Benefiber® or GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare