Cookie Crust Trail Mix Bars (Trim Healthy Mama S)
One of my tried and true formulas for Trim Healthy Mama dessert recipes is this:
- Make a crust.
- Top with a combination of all my favorite things.
- Chill, cut into squares, and eat.
This recipe is a textbook example of that, consisting of a thick oatmeal cookie-like crust covered with a layer of coconut oil + nut butter + hemp seeds + chia seeds + coconut + nuts + chocolate chips (AKA fudgy goodness). Why eat one of your favorite things when you can eat all of them?!
You can change up the add-ins to suit your personal taste. You can also use peanut butter, almond butter, sunflower butter, or cashew butter.
These bars are dairy-free, sugar-free, gluten-free, full of superfood ingredients, and actually super tasty. They seem like an old school 1970s “health nut” dessert. If I’m slowly becoming a 1970s health nut, I am okay with that.
What’s Making Me Happy This Week:
Waking up at 5:30 AM. No, seriously. I’ve been waking up at 5:30 every day for two weeks now and I am still shocked that I am….enjoying it. I have NEVER been a morning person and waking up before 7-8 has always been a struggle for me (oh the dozens of 8 AM classes I rolled into in sweats because I hit snooze one too many times).
However, all of the years of information I’ve ingested regarding the importance of waking up early seems to have clicked. Or else I’m just more excited that usual about the projects I’m working on in the AM. My routine is pretty simple: I drink 25 ounces of water, read my Bible, do Morning Pages if I don’t have a pressing work assignment, do a 3 minute forward fold to open up my hamstrings and get blood flowing to my head, and then work until Miles wakes up (usually between 6:15 and 7, so my productivity varies). This seems to be a keystone habit for me as the rest of the day feels more cohesive and manageable.
Cookie Crust Trail Mix Bars (Trim Healthy Mama S) Recipe Notes:
- This recipe is gluten-free, sugar-free, dairy-free, and THM S.
- Feel free to substitute your favorite THM crust recipe for the cookie crust if you prefer. There are a lot of great ones out there!
- For the sweetener in this recipe, I used DIY Gentle Sweet. You can also use Trim Healthy Mama brand Gentle Sweet or your favorite granulated low-carb sweetener (Truvia, Splenda, and other commercially available products will work – adjust quantities to taste).
- This post contains affiliate links. This means I recommend products I love, you pay normal price for them, and I earn a little commission. Win-win!
Buy Ingredients Found in This Recipe Online:
Pin This Recipe:
Looking for more Trim Healthy Mama bar recipes? Check these out:
- Trim Healthy Mama No Bake Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake Bars
- Sugar Free Almond Flour Snickers Brownies
- Low-Carb Brookies (Brownie Cookies)
What’s your favorite trail mix ingredient?