My Version of Good Girl Moonshine
Probably my favorite thing that I’ve taken away from Trim Healthy Mama is their Good Girl Moonshine recipe. Over the past couple years I’ve developed my favorite version of it, tweaking quantities and playing with sweeteners until it’s just right. I crave it all the time!
I usually drink it after lunch to sooth my stomach and give me a burst of energy during my son’s nap when I’m trying to get a bunch of things done. The addition of matcha powder – finely ground green tea leaves – gives me a bit of caffeine, which is always welcome. I’ve also added ground turmeric and spirulina powder to up the drink’s health-promoting effects. Though there are many more than I’ve listed here, check out these awesome facts about the ingredients found in this easy-to-make beverage:
- APPLE CIDER VINEGAR. Helps maintain consistent blood sugar levels.
- GINGER. May decrease exercise-related muscle soreness.
- TURMERIC. Battles neurodegenerative diseases, including Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
- SPIRULINA. Helps your immune system through its antimicrobial properties.
- MATCHA. Slows formation of fat cells.
What’s Making Me Happy This Week:
Handstands. Well, handstands have been a regular source of happiness in my life for over a year now actually. However, practicing more yoga during my yoga teacher training has led to improvements in my handstands and it feels so great to get more hang time upside down than ever before. I post yoga stuff on my Instagram sometimes if you’re curious.
My Version of Good Girl Moonshine Recipe Notes:
- This recipe is gluten-free, vegan, dairy-free, low-carb, and THM-FP.
- This post contains affiliate links. This means I recommend products I love, you pay normal price for them, and I earn a little commission. Win-win!
Buy Ingredients Found in This Recipe Online:
Pin This Recipe:
Looking for more Trim Healthy Mama drink recipes? Check these out:
What’s your favorite Good Girl Moonshine variation?