Quick and Easy Trim Healthy Mama Toffee (S)
Nothing says Christmas to me like toffee. This recipe makes it possible for you to enjoy the buttery, nutty, chocolate-y flavor of toffee while sticking with your Trim Healthy Mama diet!
It’s hard to eat just one piece (that’s marker on my hand from coloring with my son this morning!).
Make your own secret stash to get you through the holiday season or prepare a big batch and bring it to a party to share with family and friends.
While I was home for Thanksgiving I made a rum cake at my dad’s request. I used Pioneer Woman’s recipe, which reminded me of how comforting it is to have step-by-step photos with a recipe – so I decided to do the same for this toffee.
Here’s the ingredients you’ll need for your toffee:
- Toasted nuts (I used walnuts because that’s what I had on hand, but almonds are my favorite)
- Sugar-free chocolate chips (you could use super-dark chocolate if you don’t mind a tiny bit of sugar)
- Heavy cream
- Truvia (or granulated low-carb sweetener of choice)
To start, line a baking sheet with foil and spray it with coconut oil cooking spray.
Then you’ll make a simple caramel on the stovetop. This is the desired color once it’s done boiling:
Here’s the only semi-tricky part. Layer the nuts, caramel, and chocolate chips on the prepared baking sheet…
…and pop it under the broiler for a a minute or two to melt the chocolate until it’s spreadable. Let the toffee set up in the fridge and then you’re ready to break it into pieces and enjoy!
What’s Making Me Happy This Week:
Routine. I love the feeling of getting back to a healthy and productive routine after a holiday weekend. Thanksgiving was a blast and I was sad to see it end, but we really went full-on relaxation mode and by Sunday night I was ready to have a clean house, semi-managed to-do list, and reasonably healthy diet again.
I typically meal plan dinners, but this week I tried meal planning (and grocery shopping for) every meal and snack, and I love it. I made a work schedule for the month of December, got back into my home workout routine, bathed Miles and actually made sure he is eating veggies and drinking lots of water – everything’s humming along well (until the weekend that is, when I’m sure I’ll be ready for some indulgence once again 🙂 ).
Quick and Easy Trim Healthy Mama Toffee (S) Recipe Notes:
- This recipe is sugar-free, gluten-free, low-carb, and THM-Heavy S.
- Use any nut you like/have on hand in this recipe.
- This recipe makes a fairly small batch of toffee so feel free to double or triple if needed to get you through the holidays 🙂
- This post contains affiliate links. This means I recommend products I love, you pay normal price for them, and I earn a little commission. Win-win!
Buy Ingredients Found in This Recipe:
Pin This Recipe:
Looking for more Trim Healthy Mama candy recipes? Check these out:
- Simple Trim Healthy Mama Milk Chocolate Holiday Fudge
- Low Carb Chocolate Truffles
- Cocoa Coated Chia Truffles
What’s your favorite holiday tradition?