Trim Healthy Mama Buttery Lemon Bars (S)
I’m usually an ‘all chocolate all day’ kind of girl, but a good old-fashioned lemon bar is pretty much undeniable. This version is sugar-free, gluten-free, and low-carb – but very reminiscent of the ‘traditional’ lemon bars I grew up eating at the cafe where I worked (nothing beat the days when we made a fresh batch and I got to eat the crusts that my boss trimmed off…).
To make them, you’ll create a simple almond flour crust in your food processor, pre-bake it for 15 minutes, then top it with a cooked filling made with eggs, lemon juice, and low-carb sweetener. The bars get baked again, cooled, and devoured. A simple springtime treat that will help you satisfy your sweet tooth while staying ‘on plan’!
What’s Making Me Happy This Week:
Family! My birthday was this past weekend and we had unbelievable weather for Wisconsin – 50ºs and 60ºs for almost a week. My family visited from Iowa and we celebrated with my family in-town too. From picnics and park visits to homemade treats and shopping, it was a refreshing weekend and felt like a mini mid-winter vacation.
Trim Healthy Mama Buttery Lemon Bars (S) Notes:
- This recipe is gluten-free, sugar-free, low-carb, and THM-S.
- Use half almond flour and half Trim Healthy Mama baking blend in the crust for a lighter version.
- For the sweetener in this recipe, I used DIY Gentle Sweet. You can also use Trim Healthy Mama brand Gentle Sweet or your favorite granulated low-carb sweetener (Truvia, Splenda, and other commercially available products will work – adjust quantities to taste).
- This post contains affiliate links. This means I recommend products I love, you pay normal price for them, and I earn a little commission. Win-win!
Buy Ingredients Found in This Recipe Online:
Pin This Recipe:
Looking for more Trim Healthy Mama bar recipes? Check these out:
- No Bake Coconut Peanut Butter Fudge Bars
- Low-Carb Brookies (Brownie Cookies)
- Cookie Crust Trail Mix Bars
What’s your favorite lemon dessert?