Trim Healthy Mama No Bake Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake Bars (S)
I am that person who will hog all of the candy bar chunks and eddies of fudge in a pint of ice cream, leaving the picked-over remains for the next poor soul. This recipe is inspired by that passion – no-bake peanut butter cheesecake LOADED with chopped peanut butter cups and held together by a shortbread-like almond flour crust. However, the cheesecake component is tasty enough that you probably won’t want to pick the peanut butter cups out. But if you do I won’t judge.
If you’re short on time and need a simple, crowd-pleasing, Trim Healthy Mama S style dessert that will totally satisfy your chocolate and peanut butter cravings, this is it. It’s great for this time of year when the Halloween candy beckons from grocery store shelves and office treat bowls.
What’s Making Me Happy This Week:
Taxidermy > TV. The previous owners of our house had a TV mounted on the fireplace in our living room, but after discussing it for a while Zach and I decided that we want to relegate TV to the basement of our home and focus on spending more time reading and socializing with each other on the “ground floor”. What better to replace a TV that Zach’s latest hunting trophy? I actually really like how this turned out and it’s the perfect decorative touch for the room.
Trim Healthy Mama No Bake Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake Bars (S) Notes:
- This recipe is low-carb, gluten-free, and Trim Healthy Mama Heavy S.
- Feel free to substitute your favorite low-carb crust recipe or skip the crust entirely and serve the filling as a mousse.
- Chopped Trim Healthy Mama peanut butter cups get folded into the cheesecake mixture in this recipe – you can use the Treeces recipe from the Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook for this component or simply make your own with skinny chocolate and peanut butter – it doesn’t have to be complicated!
- For the sweetener in this recipe, I used DIY Gentle Sweet. You can also use Trim Healthy Mama brand Gentle Sweet or your favorite granulated low-carb sweetener (Truvia, Splenda, and other commercially available products will work – adjust quantities to taste).
- If you’re in a hurry, you could use sugar-free chocolate chips instead of chopped peanut butter cups in the filling of this recipe.
- My favorite way to eat this dessert is straight out of the freezer. It’s a bit softer and “fluffier” when kept in the refrigerator.
Buy Ingredients Found in This Recipe Online:
- Bob’s Red Mill Almond Meal
- Xylitol USA Erythritol
- NuNaturals Nustevia Pure White Stevia Extract
- Smucker’s Natural Creamy Peanut Butter
- Carrington Farms Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
Pin This Recipe:
Looking for more Trim Healthy Mama bar recipes? Check these out:
What’s your favorite candy bar?